The tooling cleaner will be responsible for making sure tooling is production ready by cleaning them and inspecting them for damage. This person will work closely with Tool and Die (T&D). Work involves frequent handling of moderate to heavy components and may include walking or standing most of the time.
1. Clean, store and track tools used to make product.
2. Spray tools with dry ice using a dry ice blaster to remove foreign particles.
3. Remove particles and debris from tooling, using media blast, hand wire brush or other approved cleaning supplies. May be required to dissemble tooling for cleaning then reassemble using hand tools.
4. Conduct and record measurements of tooling with calipers and dial indicator to evaluate: flatness, critical wear dimensions.
5. Place cleaned tools in storage system.
6. Inspect tools for damage during cleaning process. Notify T&D of damage so tools can be repaired in a timely manner.
7. Document cleaning activities.
8. Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Alert Lead, Assistant Supervisor, or Supervisor to tooling repairs needed, quality or safety issues.
2. Keep work area clean and organized.
3. Participate in process improvement events, as directed.
4. Perform required maintenance.
5. Assist with other functions within the department, as directed.
6. May train other employees.
7. Performs safety audits.
8. Load and unload tooling using forklift or other material handling tools and equipment.
9. If the incumbent is a member of one of Romac’s environmental safety teams, the role may also include the following:
· Inspect machine daily for leaks.
· Report leaking machines to Supervisor.
· Absorb spills and deposits absorbents.
· Prepare DW for disposal.
· Receive annual spill response training.
1. High School degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 1+ years of experience operating manufacturing equipment.
3. Understand oral and written instructions.
4. Run Excel data bar and read spreadsheet.
5. Possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
6. Can effectively read and write.
7. Have basic math skills.
8. Possess very basic computer skills.
9. Ability to count accurately.
10. Can read a tape measure.
11. Ability to use job specific tools such as thickness or radius gauges.
12. Ability to use electronic scale.
13. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. May need to operate an overhead crane.
2. Operate a forklift.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.