Under limited supervision and with minimal technical guidance, performs advanced tool and die development work. Plans, designs, constructs, and/or repairs a wide variety of intricate and complicated parts including tools, dies, jigs, gauges, machine components, molds, and fixtures. Items are produced to exacting tolerances, and can be simple stand-alone fixtures all the way up to complicated and matched assemblies.
1. Works closely with Engineering to conceptualize the development and configuration of new production and solve technical problems.
2. Interprets complicated specifications such as blueprints, drawings, and sketches to determine the best approach for machining, assembly, and sequence of operations to machine components and/or assemblies.
3. Operates and performs set-ups of machining equipment including lathes, milling machines, precision surface grinders, drills, presses, and cutoff equipment to accomplish tasks.
4. Uses expertise of production methods, limitations, available equipment, and requirements of various materials to conceptualize tooling and select proper machines, feed rates, and cutting speeds.
5. Uses sole discretion to calculate machining dimensions based on finished part requirements.
6. Performs preparation, positioning set-up, and layout of raw stock.
7. Maintains production readiness of existing production equipment and tooling.
8. Produces parts to exacting tolerances with precision fits, and validates these to the established requirements. Verifies dimensional accuracy, alignments and clearances of finished parts.
9. Supports ongoing operation of equipment, dies, fixtures, and tooling by bringing wear items back into to tolerance, custom making unavailable parts, and repairing damaged components.
10. Meets all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and performs within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Estimates time to completion, records costs, and tracks job progress.
2. Performs maintenance on all shop equipment to keep machines in safe and good condition.
3. Communicates Heat Treating requirements to OSP and validates finished parts to specifications.
1. High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
2. 10+ years of experience as a Tool & Die Maker
3. Able to work successfully without supervision
4. Practices safe work habits and follows safety guidelines
5. Advanced competency with reading sketches and blueprints
6. Advanced competency with planning sequence of operations to complete projects
7. Able to successfully work with other departments and communicate effectively
8. Able to successfully run drill presses, lathe machines, milling machines, precision surface grinders, cutoff equipment, and hydraulic presses
9. Have available personal hand tools required to perform job function
13. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Completion of a formal apprenticeship
2. Working knowledge of Heat Treating to specific requirements
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.