Reporting to the Director of IT, the Senior Business Systems Analyst will participate in technology delivery projects and opportunities to drive process and technology improvements with close collaboration with the Business Partners. This position collaborates closely with Business to understand organizational goals and identify problems that may be effectively resolved with technology solutions. The Business Systems Analyst provides solution selection recommendation, project delivery, assists with supplier management, 8x5 application administration, and user support services to business for all relevant applications. Works primarily with business users to provide process support and coordinate timely and effective resolution to questions and issues associated with the supported applications. Works with team members to ensure processes and documentation are completed with quality, and in a timely basis. The position also requires familiarity SDLC and responsible for managing requirements, functional and technical specs, development, test plans, etc.
1. Governance and support of Romac’s applications from a functional and technical perspective.
2. Lead and manage projects and provide regular status updates and critical communication on a timely basis.
3. Lead technology implementation efforts in collaboration with consultants and the business partners.
4. Elicit and develop business requirements and use cases.
5. Perform detailed analysis, identify and recommend best practices and technology to satisfy business needs. Recognize technology gaps, and solve them using a combination of business process changes, configuration, and application extensions.
6. Develop functional specifications including process maps, functional design and test plans for items requiring technical review and development.
7. Perform some development activities related to reporting, triggers, and custom coding as needed.
8. Understand business processes, including policy compliance, documentation, solution design, configuration management, testing and approvals.
9. Facilitate the development of unit and integration testing plans, testing scripts, enhancements, custom modifications and interfaces.
10. Provide business analysis support for requested changes and support day-to-day items as needed.
11. Proved system administration for all relevant applications.
12. Meets all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and performs within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Customer Focus
- Dedicated to exceeding customer expectations.
- Engages customers to understand their needs.
- Thinks from the customer's point of view to improve products, services, and processes.
- Earns customer loyalty by building relationships based on trust and respect.
- Anticipates and innovates new ideas/solutions to meet customer needs.
2. Drive for Results
- Delivers results but never at the expense of legal, moral, or ethical standards.
- Strives to exceed expectations in a quality fashion.
- Searches out and applies best practices to continuously improve performance.
- Shows courage for taking action to address unanticipated challenges.
- Steadfastly pushes self and others to deliver results.
- Takes appropriate risks to deliver intended results.
3. Teamwork and Collaboration
- Shares information with others to ensure good understanding of planned activities.
- Collaborates with team to solve problems and attain team goals.
- Recognizes that team and business goals must be addressed in addition to personal goals.
- Provides appropriate amount of coaching to help improve performance and solicits coaching for self.
- Holds one another accountable for success and failure as "One Team".
- Proactively builds strong relationships with all business partners and team members.
- Works actively to resolve conflict, seeing them as opportunities.
- Helps build energy on the team to accomplish team goals.
4. Demonstrate personal initiative and leadership, ability to coach and mentor staff.
5. Estimated travel requirements approximately 25%.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required or adequate work experience.
- 5+ years implementing/supporting Oracle ERP/EBS - release 12 or higher.
- 2+ years’ experience writing reports and analytics using a structured business intelligence tool, such as OBIEE or Tableau.
- 2+ years of technical skills – SQL, PLSQL, JAVA, etc.
- Familiarity with ETL tools – Informatica, Talend, etc.
- Proficient with MS Office Tools (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Ability to write SQL queries of medium complexity, including multiple inner and outer joins, case statements, decodes, and grouping functions.
- Understanding Database structures and support – Oracle, SQL, DB2.
- Strong competencies in MS Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project.
- 4+ years leading requirements gathering workshops or facilitating meetings.
- 4+ years documenting existing and future business processes.
- 4+ years’ experience designing business processes supporting technology.
- 4+ years’ experience writing functional documentation using Oracle AIM or OUM methodology.
- 2+ years as module lead/project manager on technology projects.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Demonstrated ability to successfully partner/collaborate with business customers.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings with audiences at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal, communication skills; demonstrated ability to present to groups, clients, and executives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with people at all professional levels.
- Specialized in complex technical and business matters.
- Detail oriented; demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities with efficiency and accuracy.
5. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Master’s Degree.
2. ITIL knowledge.
- 7+ years implementing/supporting Oracle ERP/EBS - release 12 or higher in a manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years’ experience in SalesForce.
- 2+ years in other supporting Manufacturing Applications (Bartender, Maximo, DBR/R+).
- 2+ years of technical skills – SQL, PLSQL, JAVA, etc.
- 2+ years with ETL tools – Informatica preferred, Talend, etc.
- 2+ years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.