The Quotations Estimator I assists customers and outside sales representatives with special pricing, non-standard products, and other pricing related activities. Professionally handles requests for information from customers, primarily surrounding product pricing but may also involve technical inquiries from customers regarding product application and usage. This position is accountable for providing timely and accurate quotations to customers by following established department procedures and company policies. The incumbent requires limited, yet readily available supervision to complete daily responsibilities.
1. Creates quotes based on Romac established practices, policies, and procedures, and helps determine products required for customers’ specific needs.
2. Quotes Romac products with competitive pricing, material specifications, and engineered drawings. Responds in a timely manner to all customer inquiries, prioritizing when needed by following department guidelines.
3. Assembles and validates the final quote workup, including material and labor, and performs research and analysis of quote/shipments and related transactions to ensure quote accuracy.
4. Interprets and reviews customer requirements, specifications, and drawings to ensure quotes are accurate, and offers solutions that maximize profitability and add value for both the customer and Romac.
5. Coordinates with Outside Sales Representative(s) to determine and/or clarify project requirements, pricing, and strategies. Applies a current understanding of bid strategies and market conditions.
6. Complies with Quote Verification Process set in place by Inside Sales Manager and National Sales Manager, which designates approval levels for quoting at various dollar/credit levels (job size, delivery, and any special handling and costing).
7. Reports any negative or positive feedback from customers about Romac pricing, products, and/or procedures and refers unresolved customer grievances to Inside Sales leads and managers or designated departments for further investigation.
8. Interfaces with other individuals and departments in the organization to obtain support and commitment for bids.
9. Meets all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and performs within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. May follow-up on outstanding quotations to secure orders, improve quotation processes, and measure effectiveness.
2. Provides product structure department with information required to enter custom items into Oracle.
3. Compiles and sends daily quotation reports or general quotations to appropriate Area Manager.
4. Attends weekly and monthly meetings as assigned or required.
5. Verifies customer pricing on orders against company issued quotations.
6. Generates and analyzes reports.
7. May perform various responsibilities of a Quotations Estimator II.
1. High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. Ability to understand margins, different costing types, and when to apply which type to a specific inquiry.
3. Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
4. Exemplifies internal and external customer service.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Strong problem solving skills.
7. Ability to understand drawings and materials lists from engineering.
8. Ability to design and maintain complex spreadsheets.
9. Typing proficiency (45 words/minute).
10. 10-key (by touch).
11. Clear, concise speech.
12. Ability to multi-task.
13. Strong sense of organization and follow through.
14. Ability to work well as a team player.
15. Self-motivated, driven, and ambitiously pursues the activities required to complete daily workload and responsibilities.
16. Spatial visualization.
17. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. 2+ years of experience in a similar profession or related waterworks industry position.
3. Knowledge of Romac products, customers, competitors, and industry.
4. Foreign language experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.