With direction, perform repetitive inspections following standardized methods and procedures. Visually inspect or check parts using a variety of precision measuring instruments or against fixed samples. Check dimensions and finishes against blueprint or work order specifications. Perform finishing operations to correct rejected parts or assist with other production activities.
1. With direction from more senior level personnel, leverage standardized Quality Assurance methods and established best practices to perform repetitive inspections and assessments.
2. Review material test reports (MTRs) supplied with raw material or components and confirm they match applicable standards and/or requirements.
3. Perform basic root cause analysis on assigned materials and work with Engineering and Purchasing to confirm materials are usable.
4. Leverage a working understanding of Oracle materials management software to electronically record receipt of materials into system. Log materials from outside processing back into DBR scheduling system.
5. Perform outgoing inspection of finished goods, including dimensional, welds, finish, markings, and component configurations, typically using visual inspection methods and simple tools.
6. Run basic daily scrap reports and update communication boards with results to operators.
7. Enter data into established databases and run standard reports.
8. Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work with more senior level technicians on in-process product inspections and vendor qualifications/first article inspections.
2. If the incumbent is a member of one of Romac’s environmental safety teams, the role may also include the following:
· Sign UHWM
· Spill response team member
· DOT Shipping Training
· DOT Hazardous Waste training
· Receive annual spill response training
· Inspect incoming containers for leaks
· Report spills to Maintenance and EHS Manager
· Absorb spills and deposit absorbents in SAA
1. High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 2+ years of experience in a Quality Assurance role.
3. Intermediate QA skills, including experience with print reading, finishing, and defect recognition.
4. Able to use all tools & equipment necessary for the job, including calipers, micrometers, thread plug & ring gages, ID/OD ring gages, electronic data collection devices, statistical process control database (Quantum SPC), Mil thickness tester, Holiday tester, optical comparator, digital readout, digital thread comparators, & digital indicators.
5. Basic understanding of Romac equipment operation.
6. Effective reading, writing, and general mathematical skills.
7. Able to perform visual inspections and use a tape measure.
8. Effective computer skills, including Microsoft Office .
9. Strong communication and customer relations skills.
10. Strong organizational skills, including record keeping and documentation filing abilities.
11. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Able to operate a reach truck, fork lift, walkies, and electric pallet jack.
2. Experience with Oracle materials management software.
3. Overhead Crane and Hoist Operation.
4. Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
5. Familiarity with truck-loading safety, including safe load positioning, proper tie-down methods for strapping materials, and loading and unloading of materials.
6. Ability to read maps and determine efficient routings for pick-up and deliveries.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.