With minimal direction, evaluates product returns, authors technical reports, and performs inspections following standardized methods and procedures. Visually inspect or check parts using a variety of precision measuring instruments or against fixed samples. Check dimensions and finishes against blueprint or work order specifications. This position specializes in returns/receiving and inspection processes. Works closely with quality management, engineering, and sales to analyze and resolve product returns.
1. With minimal direction, leverage standardized Quality Assurance methods and established best practices to perform analyses, inspections, and assessments.
2. Perform advanced root cause analysis on assigned materials and work with Engineering and Purchasing to confirm materials are usable.
3. Assess condition of Romac product returns from customers. Document condition of the returned products. Identify reusable components and assign value. Document findings and communicate these to Engineering and/or Sales for technical evaluation and commercial resolution. Move for final dispensation as agreed to with the customer. Coordinate the restoration with other departments when specialized skill sets are required. Make all transactions. Maintain metrics.
4. Perform advanced analysis methods and tooling to confirm quality of outgoing finished goods, including dimensional, welds, finish, markings, and component configurations, typically using visual inspection methods and simple tools. May specialize in a particular area.
5. Perform audits on assigned processes for in-process product inspections. This includes daily walk-throughs to confirm processes and procedures are being performed in accordance with current work instructions. Record findings.
6. Other projects or tasks as assigned by Quality Manager.
7. Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Enter material variance data to the Material Conformance Report (MCR) system. Route MCRs to QA & Purchasing.
2. Work with more senior level technicians on vendor qualifications and first article inspections.
3. Run all scrap reports and perform additional investigations as directed.
4. Enter data into established databases and run/analyze standard reports.
5. Handle the basic purchasing and management of required consumables.
6. Complete Romac’s Hazardous Waste Materials training and adhere to guidelines.
1. High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 2+ years of experience in a technical Quality Assurance or engineering role.
3. Advanced QA skills, including experience with print reading, finishing, and defect recognition; able to perform all material inspections and transactions.
4. Working knowledge of Romac equipment operation.
5. Effective reading, writing, and general mathematical skills.
6. Able to perform visual inspections.
7. Able to use a tape measure.
8. Effective computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
9. Strong communication and customer relations skills.
10. Strong organizational skills, including record keeping and documentation filing abilities.
11. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Has vast knowledge of Romac products and processes; is able to physically repair most products.
2. Able to use all tools and equipment necessary for the job, including calipers, micrometers, thread plug and ring gages, ID/OD ring gages, electronic data collection devices, statistical process control database (Quantum SPC), Mil thickness tester, Holiday tester, optical comparator, digital readout, digital thread comparators, digital indicators, Product specific gages, Rockwell and Brinell tester, basic Faro Arm, Skidmore- Wilhelm tester, Surface plate, and Spring/load tester – fasteners.
3. Able to operate a reach truck, fork lift, walkies, and electric pallet jack.
4. Experience with Oracle materials management software.
5. Experience with Microsoft suite software, particularly Word, Access, and Excel.
6. Overhead Crane and Hoist Operation.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.