Coordinates the completion of Engineering and/or Quality Assurance projects, ensuring project goals are met on time and within budget. The bulk of the projects will be foundry pattern & corebox creation. Specifically designing patterns for Disamatic vertical modeling and Laempe automated core machine. Previous knowledge of draft, parting lines, undercuts and cores desirable. Incumbent will assemble rig and test new tooling and work through QA and production issues. This is a hands-on position with much of the project management and tactical work being done by the coordinator.
1. Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating the completion of engineering projects under $100K in scope. Will provide a support role for larger projects.
2. Develop designs, processes, and documentation in support of engineering specifications and project requirements.
3. Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects.
4. Extensive regular contact with Sales, Production, Quality Assurance, Purchasing, Vendors, and the Engineering staff.
5. Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
6. Ensure effective internal and external communications.
7. Perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist with the development of ROI analyses.
2. Validate performance of new systems, processes, and products.
3. Provide training on new systems and processes.
4. Under senior management direction, assist with the development of project specifications to establish project goals and performance expectations.
5. Establish quality performance standards.
6. Support lean and Kaizen initiatives to refine production processes, establish best practices, and ensure adherence to new standards through ongoing follow-up.
7. Manage certifications with 3rd party agencies, including support of audits and resolution of deficiencies.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, and problem-solve.
5. 2+ years of experience working in a manufacturing/production environment, especially in a QA or Engineering role.
6. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. SolidWorks experience.
2. Understanding of draft, parting lines, undercuts & cores.
3. Previous foundry experience.
4. Previous injection molding experience.
5. Experience working in a project management capacity.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.