First line supervisor of a skilled production labor workforce. Under management guidance, schedules work, assists with employee selection, reviews employee performance, administers work rules, and recommends compensation. Responsible for safety, productivity, and quality management to the extent that it falls within department control. Recommends equipment upgrades, staffing adjustments, and process modifications, and may recommend product or service modifications.
1. Responsible for and oversee department workforce.
2. Maintain a safe work environment with the goal of having zero work-related injuries. Know and follow all safety procedures.
3. Ensure that quality standards are met in accordance with the established and documented procedures.
4. Understand and manufacture according to Romac’s production system.
5. Meet stated productivity goals.
6. Understand and follow the concepts of the Theory of Constraints and Lean Manufacturing.
7. Coach, train, and develop personnel.
8. Help establish and meet departmental budgets.
9. Understand and enforce all company policies fairly and consistently.
10. Responsible for requisitioning consumables and some other materials.
11. Ensure that operator-performed equipment maintenance is done in accordance with the established and documented standards.
12. Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Communicate personnel concerns to Director of Operations and/or Human Resources.
2. Assist Human Resources in the interviewing and hiring process.
3. Assist other departments with various other duties and projects.
4. Fill-in on the shop floor as necessary.
5. Attend required meetings.
6. Ensure that time card entry is accurate.
7. Fulfill the Accident Prevention Program responsibilities defined by Romac’s Environmental, Health, & Safety team.
1. High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 2+ years of shop floor working experience at Romac as an Assistant Supervisor or Lead or 4+ years of similar outside workplace experience.
3. Ability to lead, coach, and delegate.
4. Possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
5. Possess good typing skills.
6. Possess basic math skills.
7. Experience with MS Office.
8. Possess or can obtain a CPR and Industrial First Aid certificate.
9. Have the ability to use various gauges and measuring instruments, as necessary.
10. Possess at least a limited blue print reading ability.
11. Able to successfully pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience with Theory of Constraints.
2. Experience with Lean Manufacturing.
3. APICS and/or managerial education.
4. Experience with Oracle.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.