Under limited supervision, duties include entering and maintaining all part numbers, routings, and bills of material. Works from job specifications and engineering drawings and maintains rolled-up manufacturing costs.
1. Initial entry and maintenance of item numbers and attributes, resources, production routings, and bills-of-material.
2. Performs troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common inventory problems where the bills-of-material may be involved.
3. Responds to the needs and questions of Engineering concerning requests for information for new products and product modifications.
4. Responds to the needs and questions of Sales/Service Representatives concerning customer requests for item numbers for sales orders.
5. Responds to the needs and questions of Purchasing Agents concerning requests for item numbers for purchase orders.
6. Performs cost roll-ups and cost updates when required.
7. Provides Planner/Schedulers with structure support as needed to accomplish their duties.
8. Meets all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and performs within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs Lead Time Calculations.
2. Performs time studies to enable entering or editing routing operations standards.
3. Researches product structure information, including on the shop floor.
1. High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 2+ years of related experience.
3. Possess intermediate computer mouse and keyboarding skills.
4. Possess a thorough working knowledge of spreadsheet, database, and word processing applications.
5. Basic understanding of a computerized ERP System.
6. Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new computer processes.
7. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general item requests (Sales, Purchasing, Planning, or Engineering), instructions, technical procedures, engineering drawings, releases, and modification forms.
8. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
9. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
10. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
11. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as unit of measure conversion, cost to labor rate conversion, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and factor analysis.
12. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
13. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, drawing or faxed customer requests.
14. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test .
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Basic knowledge of cost accounting.
2. Experience or knowledge of the Theory of Constraints.
3. Experience or knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.