Diversified machine or process operations that are moderately complex, requiring adjusting or aligning to produce a desired outcome. May inspect and test completed product. May rotate stations in a process. Work involves frequent handling of moderate to heavy components and may include walking or standing most of the time.
1. Utilize DBR, Oracle and Excel Data bar to determine schedule and jobs to be processed.
2. Run dispatch list, understand and decipher part numbers.
3. Follow work instructions, drawings, established quality standards, and established safety protocols.
4. Must meet defined production expectations and be on-time to schedule.
5. Able to differentiate between the different sizes of subcomponents and finished products and their various types of compounds and finishes.
6. Become certified to operate machine in a safe and effective manner while producing a quality product.
7. Ensure proper program, dies, jigs, or molds are loaded to meet machine capacity and DBR schedule.
8. Ensure proper material is staged to meet DBR schedule.
9. Perform accurate and timely computer transactions.
10. Coordinate delivery to ensure production schedule is met.
11. Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Alert Lead, Assistant Supervisor, or Supervisor to material shortages, quality or safety issues.
2. Keep work area clean and organized.
3. Participate in process improvement events, as directed.
4. Perform required operator maintenance.
5. Assist with other functions within the department, as directed.
6. Assist other departments with various duties and projects, as directed.
7. Attend required meetings.
8. Participate in physical inventories.
9. May train other employees.
10. Performs safety audits.
11. Load and unload subcomponents using forklift or other material handling tools and equipment.
12. Cut, bend, roll, or press to size and “kit” materials together for delivery to appropriate production area.
13. Inspect each subcomponent for proper materials, dimensions, and finishes to meet quality standards.
14. Carefully label parts with date, material type, size, part number, and or job number.
15. If the incumbent is a member of one of Romac’s environmental safety teams, the role may also include the following:
· Inspect machine daily for leaks.
· Report leaking machines to Supervisor.
· Absorb spills and deposits absorbents.
· Prepare DW for disposal.
· Receive annual spill response training.
1. High School degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 1+ years of experience operating manufacturing equipment.
3. Understand oral and written instructions.
4. Run Excel data bar and read spreadsheet.
5. Possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
6. Can effectively read and write.
7. Have basic math skills.
8. Possess very basic computer skills.
9. Ability to count accurately.
10. Can read a tape measure.
11. Ability to use job specific tools such as thickness or radius gauges.
12. Ability to use electronic scale.
13. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. May need to operate an overhead crane.
2. Operate a forklift.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.