This position is responsible for creating and testing prototypes for the water works industry, creating previously non-existent products or modifying existing products, demonstrate creativity and ingenuity in applying engineering principles/practices, and is able to draw solutions from a wider range of experience. Works under minimal supervision once projects are defined. Creating detailed design logic: defining geometric decisions, critical to function features, tolerance impact to performance, safety factors and limits of performance. May act as lead on some projects and guide lower level engineers and technicians.
1. Design, build and evaluate prototypes for the water works industry.
2. Serve as a resident expert in design engineering and design for manufacture processes.
3. Contribute to the creation of technical specifications and product definition.
4. Creation of designs which meet or exceed our quality requirements and fall within our budgetary requirements.
5. Conducting technology and patent research and develop patentable technology.
6. Own engineering activities for a major assembly or entire product throughout the entire product lifecycle, from definition and creation, through design, production, and next-gen improvements.
7. Implement sound engineering processes and systematic approaches, while solving diverse design and manufacturing challenges.
8. Creates testing protocols: pass/fail criteria, critical to function measurable, limits of performance based on test data and calculations.
9. Collaborate with other engineering disciplines to identify challenges and offer solutions.
10. Coordinate with other engineering groups for tooling and process development.
11. Owns new product Research and Development projects with Fuzzy Front End goals and specifications.
12. Owns new product Research and Development projects with New Product Development goals and specifications.
13. Create a documentation package that can be used internally or externally to successfully produce designed products.
14. Define resources required (Equipment, materials, testing space, processes) to develop new product.
15. Leveraging expert-level knowledge in one or more technical disciplines to resolves production issues without assistance.
16. Establishes QA matrices, risk analysis, material specifications, coating requirements, fastener performance limits, and bills of materials.
17. Meets all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and performs within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Obtains certifications for new products, maintains existing certifications, ensures product changes do not impact listings, and completes required documentation.
2. Develops professional visual aids and documents to make presentations on specific products.
3. May travel to customers or vendors to resolve field issues.
4. Design rapid tooling for prototype development.
5. Support intellectual property requirements with visuals and reviews.
1. BS or higher in Engineering or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 5+ years of experience in developing new product.
3. Examples of products that have been developed.
4. Power user of Solidworks.
5. Expert in designing for multiple processes: molded rubber, steel fabrication, steel forming, molded plastic, extruded rubber, powder coating, metal casting, or machining.
6. Dedicated to documenting as you go.
7. Strong project management, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
8. Effective oral and written communication skills with people at all levels of the organization.
9. Effective computer skills, including MS Office.
10. Comfortable using hand tools, power tools and machine tools.
11. Ability to work effectively with a team.
12. Ability to quickly change priority.
13. Ability to quickly develop creative solutions to difficult problems.
14. Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Professional Engineer (PE) License.
2. Advanced degree in related field.
3. Has expertise on multiple technical fields: gasketed joints, bolted flanges, pressure vessel design, water transmission systems, oil and gas piping.
4. A detailed knowledge of new product development, and new product introduction processes.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.