Work assignments are varied, and of moderate scope and complexity. Exercises moderate levels of independent judgment along with general guidance to complete an established objective within budget and scheduling constraints. Works primarily with the development or improvement of products, designs and processes. This will include conceptualization, basic research, planning, design, testing, analysis, prototyping, validation and implementation. Draws solutions from both formal training and experience. Knowledgeable of common industry concepts, practices, processes, requirements and procedures. Plans and performs engineering duties for part of a major project or for projects of moderate complexity. May provide work direction to technicians and less experienced engineers. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform many functions of the job. Provides technical expertise on production processes, issue resolution and product support.
1. Owns small-scale projects (<$100K) and is expected to take them from concept to implementation. Obtains buy-in from more senior engineers.
2. Leveraging experience in one or more technical disciplines, resolves most production issues without assistance.
3. May conduct analysis on a specific item or in support of a larger project.
4. Develops testing protocol with input from others and then executes it.
5. Leveraging experience in one or more technical disciplines, develops quality expectations and ensures QA protocols are in place for adherence to standards.
6. Establishes production procedures, work instructions, QA matrices, and bills of materials for a single product or a specific production activity.
7. Provides problem resolution to production.
8. Handles modification and refinement of existing product lines.
9. Meets all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and performs within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. After initial evaluation, establishes and approves new vendors.
2. Contributes on larger-scale engineering projects.
3. Operates in a support role to develop production capabilities to bring new products generated in R&D to the market.
4. Provides training to Customer Service on products.
5. Makes presentations on specific products.
6. Contributes to reduction of production costs through process refinement, establishing best practices, and implementation of better production methods.
7. Operates in a support role to perform costing analysis and return on investment.
8. Specifies and purchases small equipment, such as hand tools.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 3+ years of experience in mechanical engineering.
3. Experience in one or more technical disciplines, including rubber, fabrication, forming, coatings, castings, or machining.
4. Strong project management, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
5. Effective oral and written communication skills with people at all levels of the organization.
6. Effective computer skills, including MS Office and SolidWorks.
7. Comfortable using hand tools and power tools.
8. Ability to work effectively with a team.
9. Able to handle most work-related issues, but exercises good judgment on when to request support.
10. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Professional Engineer (PE) License.
2. Has technical product knowledge in at least one area.
3. A detailed knowledge of the waterworks industry and Romac product.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.