This position requires knowledge and understanding of basic engineering concepts and procedures. Established policies and procedures are used to complete work assignments. Detailed instructions are provided and work is performed under close supervision. May be assigned an element of a project or well-defined tasks. Performs a variety of engineering work in designing, modeling, analyzing, testing, problem resolution and constructing. May recommend and/or develop improvements to existing products, processes and testing methods. Work primarily is involved with the design, development or improvement of actual products or manufacturing capability. Work may include creation of previously non-existent products, modification of existing products, process refinement, technical support to production and/or development of equipment. Assists higher level engineers in the completion of tasks, analysis and validation of design and feasibility studies.
1. With oversight and direction, works on simple assemblies or on tasks in support of larger engineering projects.
2. With oversight and direction, helps to resolve production issues.
3. Performs assigned research and development tasks on new products.
4. Under supervision, tests and validates data, systems, or products.
5. In support of developing quality expectations, creates documentation and performs follow-up audits.
6. With oversight and direction, establishes production procedures, work instructions, QA matrices, and bills of materials.
7. Meets all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and performs within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs research on potential new vendors.
2. Operates in a support role to develop production capabilities to bring new products generated in R&D to the market.
3. Performs in a support role on product development or process improvement (Lean/Kaizen) initiatives.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 1+ years of experience in mechanical engineering.
3. Strong project management, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
4. Effective oral and written communication skills with people at all levels of the organization.
5. Effective computer skills, including MS Office.
6. Comfortable using hand tools and power tools.
7. Ability to work effectively with a team.
8. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience with SolidWorks.
2. Experience in one or more technical disciplines, including rubber, fabrication, forming, coatings, castings, or machining.
3. A detailed knowledge of the waterworks industry and Romac product.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.