Work involves planning and performing work relating to repair of buildings, mechanical and/or electrical equipment; installing and aligning new equipment; and repairing building, floors, stairs, etc. Works independently on projects of greater complexity and may provide direction to an assistant or to less experienced maintenance staff. May also perform custodial duties periodically.
1. Troubleshooting, repair mechanical aspects of all machinery, processes, and facilities.
2. Construction, troubleshooting, and repair of electrical control and distribution systems.
3. Machine parts or components required to maintain machinery, processes, and facilities.
4. Maintain spare parts and consumables inventory to facilitate efficient repairs.
5. Install additional phones and network drops, to include programming of voice-mail and phone switch.
6. Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Operate systems required for security, fire, and life safety.
2. Attend meetings or programs required by plant management or regulatory identities.
3. Train lower skilled workers in required areas as they relate to Romac at Canyon Park.
4. If the incumbent is a member of one of Romac’s environmental safety teams, the role may also include the following:
· Inspect, report, and repair leaking machines to Maintenance
· Absorb spills and deposit absorbents
· Prepare Dangerous Wastes for disposal
· Receive annual spill response training
· Spill response team member
· Passivation room Spiking team member
· DOE/DOT Hazardous Waste training
· Passivation Room Maintenance
1. High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 4+ years of experience in a machine maintenance role or 4+ year of trade or military school related to mechanical and/or electrical repair.
3. Have available personal hand tools required to perform job function.
4. Troubleshooting and repair of mechanical machinery, processes and facilities.
5. Troubleshooting and repair of steam equipment and systems.
6. Troubleshooting and repair of hydraulic machinery and systems.
7. Troubleshooting and repair of pneumatic machinery and systems.
8. Troubleshooting and repair of electrical controls and systems.
9. Metal fabrication (design, layout, cutting and welding multiple material types).
10. Reading and understanding of documents and blueprints.
11. Precision measurement using micrometers, snap gauges, calipers and rules.
12. Precision machining and turning of metals.
13. All areas of construction in wood, masonry and metal.
14. Operation and maintenance of all machines, processes and facilities .
15. Communication, written, verbal and able to express complex concepts and ideas.
16. Able to efficiently perform research in all areas of scope.
17. All current, major personal computer programs and operating systems, (All versions of windows, word processor, spreadsheet, database, CMMS) and Maximo.
18. Math skills and concepts required to meet scope of work.
19. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Driver’s license
2. Lift truck license
3. Fall Protection
5. CPR and first aid certification
6. Confined space
7. Current with Arc Flash training
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.