Highest level Human Resources position and a member of the company’s executive management team. Lead all aspects of the company’s HR functions, including the development of long-term strategies and tactical administration of day-to-day tasks for all Romac locations. Job duties include, but are not limited to, employment, compensation, benefits, payroll, organizational development, employee relations, performance management, training, legal compliance, and recruitment. Establish and implement programs and policies designed to protect company and employee interests in accordance with company HR policies and governmental laws and regulations. Identify and comply with legal requirements and government reporting regulations. Direct management of Recruiter-Sr and Human Resources Generalist, and indirect management of other Romac and Hays human resources staff. Develop and recommend policies for approval by senior management.
1. Directly manages Human Resources Generalist in Sultan, who is responsible for site payroll, all benefits and 401(k) enrollments, application of federal and state employment laws, and all other applications of Human Resources policies or procedures at the Sultan facility.
2. Directly manages Recruiter-Sr, who is responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and helping to select employees to fill direct-hire, vacant positions at all Romac locations, as well as managing all temporary staffing needs at the Canyon Park location.
3. Keeps up-to-date on federal, state, and local employment law, and identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions in all locations. Ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
4. Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee matters, including hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, compensation recommendations, and any other employee relations situations.
5. Administers performance management programs to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
6. Administers compensation policies and programs to ensure compliance and equity with company policy and government regulations.
7. Evaluates, recommends, and administers cost-effective, employee-serving benefits programs. Serves as the main point of contact with the company’s external Benefits Broker and evaluates recommendations before presenting them to leadership.
8. Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations. Monitors all external employment claims and may assist other locations with appeals or responses.
9. Proposes, publishes, and administers company policies to include updating the Employee Handbook to reflect current programs, policies, and practices.
10. Meets all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and performs within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Designs personnel forms and directs the maintenance of the personnel records within the organization.
2. Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
3. Keeps records of benefit plans participation such as benefits and 401(k) plans, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
4. Coordinates preparation of employee separation notices and related documentation, and may conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
5. Prepares various reports required by management.
6. Manages employee communications, including benefits information, EAP seminars, Wellness Programs, Employee Opinion Surveys, and others.
7. Administers public information policies, such as verifying employment.
8. Oversees company events, including the company picnic, employee luncheons, and other events.
9. Manages and administers Wellness Programs, including random drug testing processes.
10. Visits Sultan and Hays sites when needed.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 6-10 years of experience in a Human Resources Generalist/Business Partner and/or Manager role.
3. 5+ years of experience in management role.
4. PHR or SPHR certification .
5. Thorough understanding of federal, state, and local employment law.
6. Strong mathematical aptitude and analysis skills – spreadsheet skills.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to project a professional and positive company image.
8. Demonstrated experience organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks and adapting to a changing environment.
9. Demonstrated ability to use discretion and sensitivity when handling confidential information.
10. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain an effective follow-up system to ensure timely communication with candidates and management staff.
11. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
12. Strong ability to present facts and recommendation effectively in oral and written form.
13. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents, Human Resource publications, and other professional journals and governmental regulations concerning Human Resources Topics.
14. Successful experience creating, composing, and presenting corporate policies and strategies to diverse audiences, including employees, top management, etc.
15. Successful experience actively listening and articulating resolution to sensitive employee relations issues.
16. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. CCP certification.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.