First level fabricator position for the Machine Lab, a manufacturing engineering function that designs and builds automated equipment for internal use. The majority of projects will require welding and fabricating. Efforts focus primarily on fulfilling production tooling requests, supporting R&D projects and assisting with building machine assemblies. Must be able to take direction from and collaborate with Engineers, Production Supervisors, and Tool & Die Makers on a regular basis. Exercises good judgment and knows to defer to experts when needed.
1. Fabricates Steel and Stainless structures using welding, cutting, and fabricating techniques. Projects are one-off or low volume.
2. Works with production departments to get items sourced from activities such as plasma, shear, and press brake.
3. Assists with mechanical assembly of machines and tooling.
4. Operates horizontal and vertical bandsaws, cut-off saws, grinders, drill press, and miscellaneous hand tools in order to complete tooling for production.
5. Assists R&D efforts of building prototypes and test set-ups, as needed.
6. Meets all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and performs within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. May create simple designs at the request of Engineering and other departments, executing their completion with supervision.
2. May support Maintenance by building replacement parts for Production and Foundry operations.
3. Operates vertical milling equipment for low tolerance parts with supervision (drill and tap, hole pattern location).
4. Assists with installation of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
5. Assists with installation of electrical systems for machines, including running wiring, making terminations, systematic labeling, and creating custom cordsets.
6. Places orders for project materials and manages machine lab inventory and consumables.
1. High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 1+ years of experience in weldments.
3. Must be able to read structural and assembly blueprints.
4. MIG Welding skills: horizontal position, without fixturing, on mild steel and stainless steel.
5. TIG Welding skills: horizontal position, without fixturing, fusion, hand wire feed, on mild steel and stainless steel.
6. Strong cutting skills: use of horizontal bandsaw, vertical bandsaw, plasma cut by hand.
7. Strong forming skills: use of hand bender, hand sheet bender.
8. Basic machining skills: use of vertical milling machine (drilling, tapping), magnetic base drill press, hand tapping.
9. Effective communication skills.
10. Able to read and follow Engineering design documents and instructions.
11. Readily learns and adapts to new technologies, techniques, and challenges.
12. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Welding Certification.
2. Familiarity with mechanical assembly, hydraulics, machining, pneumatics.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.