This position is part of the Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Department at Romac Industries. Under the guidance of the Assistant Site Manager, the Environmental Engineer is responsible to ensure compliance with Federal, State, local, and company environmental, health, and safety policies and regulations. Responsibilities include training, recordkeeping, managing, and provide corrective action when necessary pursuant to multiple wastewater and stormwater permits. This position will manage the hazardous and dangerous materials at Romac facilities, a large quantity generator, including its characterization and profiling, proper usage, storage, disposal, and employee training programs. Direct knowledge of and experience working in this or a similar field is required; including thorough knowledge of and experience with submitting required Federal, State, and local environmental reports and staying current on all applicable regulations.
1. Maintain all wastewater, stormwater, and air discharge permits, including all associated sampling, analysis, reporting, and training.
2. Plan, organize, schedule, and conduct inspections of facilities, work areas, and equipment with detailed recordkeeping.
3. Monitor site conditions, practices, and procedures for compliance with environmental regulations and select and implement corrective action and follow-ups to ensure proper action has been taken.
4. Record data and compile it into statistical analyses and reports to share with upper management.
5. Provide technical assistance and/or research when needed or when directed by upper management.
6. Operate, maintain, certify, inspect, calibrate, and oversee installation of sampling equipment.
7. Oversee the characterization, collection, packaging, testing, storing, transporting and/or disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous materials and/or waste.
8. Assist the EHS Department with ordering and managing safety supplies.
9. Continually audit, update, and organize current SDS management system for compliance. Interpret SDSs for safety, health, chemical management, and disposal concerns.
10. Hire and coordinate consultants and/or vendors as directed by management.
11. Demonstrate safe work practices to set example to others.
12. Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Attend and participate in professional and committee meetings related to environmental, health, and safety issues.
2. Assist with the development and administration of various EHS programs, reports, training, and employee seminars.
3. May assist in the mitigation of hazardous material incidents.
4. Participate on and/or lead one or more of Romac’s environmental safety teams.
5. Cross train with EHS Technicians to provide back-up when needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree in environmental/physical sciences or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 2+ years of experience in a similar role.
3. Knowledge of Federal, State, and local environmental regulations, policies, and procedures.
4. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
5. Strong project management and organization skills and attention to detail.
6. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
7. Comfortable speaking in front of large groups.
8. Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
9. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Direct experience in similar manufacturing environment, including foundry background.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.