The Engineering Technician I supports a variety of activities within the engineering department. Typically working at the direction of an Engineer, they will prepare drawings, perform inspections, conduct research, and support testing.
1. Develop and prepare engineering models and drawings.
2. Develop documentation packages for equipment and the manufacture of products.
3. Verify design packages conform to specifications and properly define manufacturing requirements.
4. Conduct in-plant assessments of process robustness and efficiency, identifying opportunities for improvement.
5. Perform product testing and create reports detailing findings.
6. Develop inspection gauges based off of 3D models or 2D prints.
7. Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepare new or replacement equipment specifications; gather quotes and cost estimates.
2. Assist with the evaluation of new equipment and manufacturing processes.
3. Follow drafting standards and procedural expectations for drawing development, review, and release.
4. Participate in the production roll out of new processes, products, and equipment.
5. Support the development of prototypes and validation testing in the lab.
1. High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office and SolidWorks.
3. Experience with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
4. Ability to visualize three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings and the relationships between parts in machinery and systems.
5. Ability to communicate and work with Engineers, production team members and planning.
6. Ability to work well under pressure.
7. Able to take accurate measurements with calipers, height gauge, outside diameter tape, micrometers, and other measuring tools.
8. Knowledge of basic machining processes and constraints (e.g., what can be made on a mill, lathe, 3D printed).
9. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Completion of a formal technical program.
2. Previous experience in a similar role.
3. Experience working with a Product Data Management system.
4. First Article Inspection (FAI) experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.