Works to reduce operating costs and increase process efficiencies by creating standards for document control management, documenting business processes, and verifying execution consistency against approved documentation. Responsible for establishing good documentation practices and training others on requirements. Assists with execution and improvement of the quality management system (QMS) as defined by the Director of Quality. May also be involved in other quality department accountabilities such as internal auditing, training, QMS related corrective action facilitation, improvement projects, or compliance audits. Collaborates extensively with all departments.
1. Administers document system workflow and maintains master list of controlled documents (MLCD).
2. Creates QMS documents and videos through process analysis and collaboration with others.
3. Manages document revision, review, and approval workflows ensuring that documents are uniquely identified, not duplicated within the company, and adequately approved.
4. Maintains file of record for QMS controlled documents, training materials, internal audits, corrective action, and process improvement projects.
5. Maintains databases and electronic media.
6. Maintains record retention matrix, retrieval of obsolete documents, and periodic archival.
7. Creates reports and makes recommendations for improved reporting.
8. Conducts audits and administers, or assists with administration of, the internal audit program.
9. Creates training materials and delivers training.
10. Facilitates QMS related corrective action meetings and/or assists others with determination of appropriate QMS related corrective actions.
11. Leads, or participates in, quality improvement projects.
12. Coordinates purchase of quality department office supplies and/or test equipment.
13. Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Under the guidance of the Director of Quality, may conduct root cause analysis investigations on complex processes, products, or materials and coordinate resolution with other departments.
2. After appropriate qualification training may conduct inspections as needed.
3. Provide support to the Quality department.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 1-2 years of specialized administrative support experience (preferably in Engineering or QA).
3. Typing speed and proficiency sufficient to keep up with support demands.
4. Effective computer skills and aptitude for creating IT solutions. Minimum Required: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Adobe Acrobat.
5. Strong command of the English language, both written and verbal.
6. Detail orientation and mature organizational skills are essential.
7. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Prior experience maintaining a structured document and record management system.
2. Experience working as an Auditor, Trainer, or process improvement specialist.
3. Experience reading and writing technical documents.
4. Experience with Oracle, MS Visio, MS Outlook, MS publisher.
5. Familiarity with quality assurance concepts and/or models (Lean, TQM, 5S, SPC, ISO 9001).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.