Director in charge of sourcing materials and MRO items used in manufacturing or operations, with an annual spend of $20M - $30M. Additional areas of responsibility may include outsourcing, traffic and warranty service. Duties include vendor selection oversight and overall materials performance. Some of the above listed responsibilities may be shared with other function heads and managers. Establish functional policies and makes tactical decisions within overall strategic direction.
1. Strategically develop and implement commodity/supply chain strategies covering all commodities, services, and supplier processes throughout a global enterprise to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization.
2. Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include, but not limited to, supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial (AP) performance, and material shortage elimination.
3. Negotiate and execute purchase orders or vendor contracts as needed to support the critical business needs.
4. Develop an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage, utilizing global market exploitation, leveraging spend, and leveraging of technologies. Analyze and negotiate annual multi-million dollar contracts.
5. Manage and mentor the Purchasing team of 4-6 employees and monitor daily department workload of incoming requisitions, replenishment items, special quote requests, and truck will-calls to ensure the purchasing staff is meeting the company’s needs in a timely manner. Maintain department service levels by securing additional headcount and/or directly performing frontline transactions. Develop the purchasing expertise of the team.
6. Problem solve and answer frequent questions on price, price disputes, returns, delivery, quality, quantity, freight, packaging, definitions, and sourcing, from Romac engineering, production, accounting, sales, sales service, and upper management. This may involve research, data extraction, and frequent interaction with vendors and Romac personnel.
7. Review commodity pricing and news on a daily basis, especially scrap steel, foundry additives, stainless steel surcharges, and rubber.
8. Analyze Romac spend, seeking to make beneficial changes to reduce spend, reduce risk, and improve workflow.
9. Evaluate and analyze commodity markets and establish current policy whether to float with the market or lock-in pricing.
10. Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Generate RFQs (request for quotation) documents. Gather annual spend data or unit projections, collect engineering drawings and specifications, quality requirements, and delivery times, and transmit them to suitable vendors. Set deadlines for response.
2. In conjunction with the CFO and other senior managers, determine the degree to which we use cash to enhance our profitability when making large purchases.
3. Select vendors and buying group memberships that best meet Romac’s requirements for quality, price, and delivery for materials and services. In some cases this may include visits to qualify vendors in foreign countries.
4. Review department staffing requirements and determine work assignments and functions within the department.
5. Diagnose complex problems in Oracle Manufacturing purchasing software and resolve them.
6. Maintain the Capital General Ledger list for the company.
7. Make recommendations to the Engineering department and Directors of Operations of substitutions, changes in design, or manufacturing methods or systems that will potentially reduce the cost of manufacturing.
8. Keep a record of confidentiality agreements vendors have signed.
9. Review managed and unmanaged spends and seek to reduce unmanaged spends.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, Production/Operations Management, or Engineering or equivalent or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 10+ years of experience in the procurement profession.
3. 5+ years of management experience.
4. 5 + years of experience working with an ERP system.
5. Strong working knowledge of inventory planning, forecasting techniques as well as operational systems and warehouse management .
6. Inquisitive, detail-oriented with strong quantitative analytical skills and an innovative approach to problem solving .
7. Excellent MS Office (Excel, MSQuery, Access, PowerPoint) capabilities .
8. Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills .
9. Ability to read blue prints.
10. Ability to work well as a team member and leader.
11. Must be able to pass a background check an drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience in a metal trades or heavy industry.
2. Oracle Manufacturing software experience.
3. Experience working globally.
4. Desirable certifications include:
a. CPP (Certified Purchasing Professional) as defined by APS (American Purchasing Society)
b. CPPM (Certified Purchasing Professional Manager) as defined by ISM (Institute of Supply Management)
c. NAPM (A.P.P. C.P.M.)
d. APICS (CPIM, CIRM)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.