The Customer Service Representative I role requires customer contact in which questions and orders are received from customers. The incumbent follows established procedures to provide answers or refer calls to appropriate staff. Typical questions are focused on order status, product information, account status, pricing, product, or service. In addition to these responsibilities, the role may at times participate in face-to-face customer activities. The incumbent has readily available supervision to complete essential work functions.
1. Professionally provides information to customers in response to inquiries about products and services and ensures issues are resolved promptly and thoroughly. Answers multiple phone lines; checks and returns voicemail and email promptly.
2. Performs various types of data entry, including entering and scheduling orders, RMA’s, and rework orders. Processes credits and shortages.
3. Maintains product knowledge, familiarity with products and catalog, and memorization of part numbers, OD’s, etc.
4. Provides troubleshooting through verbal and written communication; establishes and maintains rapport with customers.
5. Verifies customer pricing on orders against company issued quotations. Requests and implements part numbers and special pricing into Oracle. Coordinates orders and ship dates with various departments, and keeps track of and follows-upon all late orders.
6. Provides support and assistance to assigned Outside Area Manager(s).
7. Complies with approval measures set in place by Inside Sales Manager and Vice President of Sales for RMA’s and credits.
8. Refers unresolved customer grievances to Inside Sales Manager or designated departments for further investigation.
9. Other duties include, but are not limited to: filing, research, selling product, running Oracle reports, invoicing assistance, sending product information and invoicing, and processing debit memos.
10. Performs within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Occasionally participates in various face-to-face customer functions, including owning tours from start to finish (making reservations and scheduling events, participating in tours, facilitating presentations, etc.), attending dinners and other after-hours events that would traditionally have more of an outside sales focus.
2. Attends weekly/monthly meetings as assigned or required.
3. Occasionally pulls stock and assembles product when necessary.
4. Fills-in for receptionist when necessary.
1. High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
2. 2+ years of customer service experience in a retail (face-to-face), call center, or office environment
3. Strong computer literacy; experience with Word, Excel, Explorer, etc.
4. Typing proficiency (45 words/minute)
5. 10-key (by touch)
6. Excellent ability to communicate well, as well as effortlessly and confidently interact with both internal and external customers.
7. Clear, concise speech
8. Ability to multi-task
9. Strong sense of organization and follow through
10. Ability to work well as a team player
11. Self-motivated, driven, and ambitiously pursues the activities required to complete daily workload and responsibilities
12. Spatial visualization
13. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Previous customer service experience in a retail (face-to-face), hospitality, call center, or office environment
3. Experience using Oracle
4. Foreign language experience
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.