Under supervision of the Director of Purchasing, the Buyer III Senior possesses authority to purchase at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity, delivery, and other factors, raw materials, equipment, machinery, and/or supplies for the operation of the organization. Prepares bid specifications, receives bids, and makes purchases of commodities or goods where the financial impact is great. May work directly in support of line operations and in collaboration with department managers, engineers, and operations staff. Participates in the selection of vendor sources, and has considerable latitude in determining acceptable price. Estimates values according to knowledge of market price and determines method of procurement, such as direct purchase or bid. Provides solutions for defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others. Provides supervision, work direction and training to other professional staff and Purchasing co-workers.
1. Negotiate all Purchasing and contract terms satisfactorily with vendors in support of all planning tools in use at Romac, including the expediting of products and services when required for higher risk commodities and on higher cost services, including Capital Expenditures.
2. Use the Microsoft Suite of Applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to do analysis, prepare reports and summaries, and make recommendations to improve the acquisition of materials and services for Romac across the Operations Group.
3. Effectively use Romac’s data management and planning system to manage suppliers and supply, while minimizing total cost to the organization and accurately transacting records in all systems.
4. Manage & optimize reports & metrics in the Purchasing/Operations Management Department.
5. Improve metrics and key performance indicators for Purchasing and Operations by sourcing and developing appropriate suppliers, and through strategic use of reports and key performance indicators in use across Romac.
6. Effectively use all of Romac’s supplier management methodology and quality requirements to manage risk of suppliers, to inventory and to immediate supply, while minimizing total cost to the organization.
7. Diagnose complex problems in with Oracle Manufacturing purchasing software & resolve them.
8. Collaborate with the Manager of Inventory Control to maintain stocking levels, minimize obsolete and unused inventory – while managing supply.
9. Coordinate with Romac driver for pick-up and deliveries.
10. Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Purchase moderate risk commodities following department procedures for Canyon Park and Sultan facilities.
2. May include Oracle Super User permissions, depending on department constituents.
3. May maintain the Capital General Ledger list for the company.
4. Makes recommendations to the Engineering department and Directors of Operations of substitutions, changes in design, or manufacturing methods or systems that will potentially reduce the total cost to the organization.
1. High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 8+ years of experience in the procurement profession.
3. Strong written & verbal communication skills & ability to work well as a team member & leader.
4. Ability to read blue prints.
5. Ability to perform high school level math skills and ability to answer multi-line phone.
6. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or 7-10 years of experience in related field or a Certified Purchasing Professional Designation (CPP, CPIM, or CPPM).
2. 5+ year of experience in manufacturing or distribution.
3. Prior experience in Purchasing, Planning, or Supply Chain Management.
4. Prior experience working with enterprise resource management software, including Oracle.
5. Previous successes at negotiating pricing, implementing vendor management solutions, and assessing supplier capabilities.
6. Possess high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
7. Possess high degree of capability using the MS Suite of Products and of at least one Tier I ERP Software package, similar to Oracle.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.