Under supervision of the Director of Purchasing, the Buyer II possesses authority to purchase at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity, delivery and other factors, raw materials, products, services, and supplies for the operation of the organization. Prepare bid specifications, receive bids and make purchases of commodities or goods where the financial impact is moderate. May work directly in support of line operations and in collaboration with department managers, engineers or operations staff. Participate in the selection of vendor sources and has considerable latitude in determining acceptable terms and conditions.
1. Purchase moderate risk commodities following department procedures for Canyon Park and Sultan facilities.
2. Effectively use Romac’s data management and planning system to manage suppliers and supply, while minimizing total cost to the organization including the use of any forecasting tools.
3. Negotiate all Purchasing and contract terms satisfactorily with vendors in support of all planning tools in use at Romac, including the expediting of products and services when required.
4. Use the Microsoft Suite of Applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, to do analysis, prepare reports and summaries, and make recommendations to improve the acquisition of materials and services for Romac across the Operations Group.
5. Effectively use all of Romac’s supplier management methodologies and quality requirements to manage suppliers and supply, while minimizing total cost to the organization.
6. Improve metrics and key performance indicators for Purchasing and Operations by sourcing and developing appropriate suppliers.
7. Assist in analyzing reports and data in all three planning systems to acquire and expedite all material needed to support the Operations Departments.
8. Initiate cost improvements for all products and services within authority.
9. Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain all records and documents to support financial audit trails for Purchasing through all channels, including Oracle, Credit Cards, and all e-Commerce systems employed at Romac.
2. Coordinate maintenance, repair, services, and other indirect purchasing activities.
3. Participate in vendor performance review survey in conjunction with Quality Assurance.
1. High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
2. 3+ years of experience in the procurement profession
3. Efficient in use of Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Word documents, Internet Browser use, email use, and general computer operation
4. Operate fax and copying machines
5. Ability to perform high school level math skills
6. Ability to use multi-line phone
7. Strong written and verbal communication skills
8. Ability to work well as a team member
9. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
2. 1+ year of experience in manufacturing or distribution
3. Prior experience in Purchasing, Planning, or Supply Chain Management
4. Prior experience working with enterprise resource management software, including Oracle
5. Previous successes at negotiating pricing, implementing vendor management solutions, and assessing supplier capabilities
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.