Under Production Supervisor guidance, this position schedules work, assists with employee selection, reviews employee performance, administers work rules, and recommends compensation, as well as being responsible for safety, productivity, and quality management to the extent that it falls within department control. This role recommends equipment upgrades, staffing adjustments, process modifications, and may recommend product or service modifications. This position will be acting Production Supervisor when Production Supervisor is absent.
1. Actively training to qualify for a Production Supervisor position.
2. Assist the Department Supervisor in overseeing the department workforce.
3. Maintain a safe work environment with the goal of having zero work-related injuries. Ensure compliance of all safety procedures.
4. Ensure that quality standards are met in accordance with the established and documented procedures.
5. Understand and manufacture according to Romac’s Production System.
6. Meet stated productivity goals.
7. Understand and follow the concepts of the Theory of Constraints and Lean Manufacturing.
8. Coach, develop and train personnel
9. Help meet departmental budgets and look for ways to reduce costs.
10. Understand and enforce all company policies fairly and equally.
11. Alert Supervisor of need to requisition supplies.
12. Ensure that operator-performed equipment maintenance is done in accordance with the established and documented standards.
13. Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Communicates personnel concerns to Supervisor.
2. Assist Production Supervisor in the interviewing and hiring process.
3. Assist other departments with various other duties and projects.
4. May have responsibility to requisition some supplies.
5. Filling in on the shop floor as necessary.
6. Attend required meetings.
7. Ensure that time card entry is accurate in Supervisor’s absence.
1. High school diploma or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. Ability to lead, coach, and delegate.
3. Possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
4. Possess good typing skills.
5. Possess basic math skills.
6. Experience with MS Office.
7. Possess or can obtain a CPR and Industrial First Aid certificate.
8. Have the ability to use various gauges and measuring instruments, as necessary.
9. Possess the ability to learn at least a limited blue print reading ability.
10. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience with Theory of Constraints
2. Experience with Lean Manufacturing
3. APICS or managerial education
4. Experience with Oracle
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.