The Area Manager is an outside sales position that performs field promotional work to sell, promote, market, and develop new business. The Area Manager – Western Washington is assigned a sales territory of Western Washington and Alaska, and is expected to grow sales and foster new and established relationships within this territory. This requires extensive travel, organizational skills, and self-motivation.
1. Extensively travel (both driving and flying) the assigned territory to build relationships with existing and new customers, including engineers, municipalities, and distributors.
2. Continually look for opportunities to promote, market, and develop products with distributors, municipalities, contractors, and engineers.
3. Perform product presentations and demonstrations for large and small groups of distributors, municipalities, contractors, and engineers to secure product approvals.
4. Attend sales conventions in territory (and nationally as required); set-up displays and present products.
5. Travel with distributor salespersons and promote products.
6. Analyze sales information and develop sales projections.
7. Submit weekly expense reports and maintain a current call report log and calendar.
8. Interact as needed with inside sales/customer service, quotations, and engineering regarding customers, sales orders, and returns.
9. Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations, and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform product demonstrations which may require heavy lifting and operation of tools and hydraulic motors.
2. Maintain a clean and reliable vehicle, provided by the company.
3. Store and protect sample materials.
4. Safely drive and maneuver a trailer.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 5+ years of experience in sales.
3. Knowledge of water works industry and/or products.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills; courteous and articulate.
5. Strong understanding of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other sales-related software.
6. Strong organizational skills, highly self-motivated, and can work independently towards defined goals.
7. Ability to work with all types of people, building relationships with existing and new customers, including engineers, municipalities, and distributors.
8. Ability to set and work within budget.
9. Professional attitude with supervisor, customers, and co-workers.
10. Possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a good Department of Motor Vehicles driving record.
11. Ability to travel extensively, including some weekends and holidays.
12. Must reside within the assigned sales territory.
13. Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience with other waterworks companies (distributors, municipalities, contractors, etc.).
1. Extensive travel involved: 50% of the time (typically 80+ nights on the road).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.