The Accounts Payable Specialist reports to the Controller and is responsible for full cycle, high volume AP processing. Job duties for the Accounts Payable Specialist include processing PO or Non-PO related invoices, credit memos, and other transactions in a production environment, adhering to processing deadlines and conforming to accuracy and production requirements. Duties also include researching vendor statements, resolving invoice discrepancies, and corresponding with vendors, employees, and management as necessary via e-mail or telephone.
1. Accurately enters a high volume of invoices into the Oracle system, matches invoices to purchase orders, and codes non-purchase order invoices to proper G/L accounts.
2. Reviews all payables distributions for accuracy.
3. Determines taxability of purchases and accrues use tax as necessary.
4. Performs weekly check run and issues daily “quick checks” as necessary.
5. Sets up and pays suppliers through Epayables where applicable.
6. Resolves pricing and quantity differences with Purchasing and Receiving departments.
7. Monitors all invoices on hold and resolves them in a timely manner.
8. Corresponds with vendors and responds to internal and external communications (i.e. e-mail, voicemail) in a timely fashion.
9. Performs monthly reconciliation of Inventory Accrual Account and other reconciliations as necessary.
10. Closes manufacturing jobs:
· Identify all manufacturing jobs with variances.
· Notify the proper department to correct the job if merchandise was under/over issued.
· Close jobs with zero variance and final closing of jobs with variances due to changes being made after job was started.
· Work with Controller on discrepancies when necessary.
11. Processes Concur expense reports.
12. Performs within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately.
2. Performs A/P testing on software updates when needed.
1. High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
2. 2+ years of progressively responsible Accounts Payable experience.
3. 10-key by touch.
4. Keyboarding skills.
5. Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
6. Ability to answer multi-line phone.
7. Strong computer skills, specifically MS Excel.
8. Able to analyze and reconcile vendor accounts.
9. Problem-solving skills.
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
11. Ability to meet deadlines.
12. Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
13. Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately.
14. Must successfully pass a background check and drug test.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Oracle experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.